If you’re tired of setting intentions and goals that you never accomplish, a new approach may help.
Conventional mindset goals can fall apart for several reasons. Once you’re aware of why this happens, you can prevent it or fix it so you can be on your way to achievement.
Try these techniques to achieve your goals:
1. Pick realistic goals. One of the most frequent issues is that you may pick goals that aren’t realistic.
- Perhaps you want to travel around the globe, read hundreds of books, and lose an enormous amount of weight. However, many of these goals are simply not possible any time soon. You may not have the money for travel, you don’t have the time to read, and you can’t lose weight that quickly.
- It’s important to make your goals tangible. For example, instead of trying to lose a hundred pounds, focus on losing five pounds at a time.
2. Break goals into a journey. It’s easy to set a goal, miss it, and get upset with yourself and your abilities. Instead of doing this to yourself with each intention, try a different way. View your goal as a long-term journey, where each leg of the journey leads up to where you’ll finally arrive.
- Create a plan that will get you to that goal. Set milestones and rewards along the way.
3. Measure your progress. In some cases, you may be close to achieving your goal, but you give up too soon. By measuring your progress, you’ll be able to see what you’re doing more clearly.
- You’ll be more motivated to stay on track and keep pushing toward your intention or goal.
- Set up a system to track your progress. Try different tools, such as calendars, journals, or logs to keep track of your goals and see which system works best for you.
4. Ask for help. Sometimes you might fail simply because you don’t ask for help and try to do everything by yourself. Perhaps a little help will bring you success!
- It’s normal to need help along your journey. You may need an entire support network behind you to achieve your goal. Turn to friends, family, coworkers, and others for support.
- Asking for help can help you achieve your goals faster and make the entire process easier as you work toward your target.
5. Feel free to adjust goals. You don’t have to stick with an old goal. Sometimes goals need to be changed and modified. You may evolve as a person and realize that your earlier ambitions are no longer relevant.
- Your present is constantly affecting your mindset and the way you perceive things. You accumulate knowledge, wisdom, and experience over time that affects your goals.
6. Stay aware of growth. You will continue to grow even if you don’t reach your goals.
- In some cases, failure may be a blessing because it teaches you valuable life lessons you wouldn’t have realized before. Without failure, you may not change enough to grow.
- Failure isn’t the end, and you can always set new goals.
- It’s more important to grow and become stronger than to reach every goal on your list. Remember, your list will also change, so it won’t look the same as when you started.
Be proactive about your goals!! Take effective actions that support you and your goals, and you’ll find that achievement comes much easier.
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one on one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? Click here to open the door.Recommended1 recommendationPublished in