Embrace Your Fitness, LLC is a Wellness Consultancy designed to provide fitness and wellness classes and fitness and wellness coaching throughout the tri-state area. Specifically, as CEO, I arrange classes and workshops designed to enhance the overall wellness of all program participants. As needed, I also hire and make all necessary arrangements for fitness instructors to aid in the execution of programming.
I am a Health & Speaker – Group Fitness Instructor – Personal Trainer and Wellness Coach in the New York Metropolitan area. My journey in the health and wellness field has been a unique one – one that I am immensely proud of.
Professionally, I have served as a State prosecutor – putting rapists, arsonists and murderers in jail and a Federal prosecutor putting corrupt police and organized crime members away. I also had the chance to pursue a singing career that allowed me the opportunity to sing opera at Carnegie Hall before losing my voice. But for all my accomplishments, it was not until I successfully lost over 77 lbs 13 years ago that I finally felt I had reached my highest achievement – an achievement that compelled me to enter a life of fitness.
Now, as an Author and CEO of Embrace Your Fitness, LLC, and as the Fitness/Wellness Research Coordinator for the Rutgers University Aging Brain Health Alliance, I specialize in designing programming that provides businesses and community groups with a pathway to greater health and wellness. Each program is informative, creative and interactive – with a shared goal of transforming each participant from the Top / Down — Inside / Out.
Book a Consultation and Lets Get Stated on Your Age Defying Life –
Join my email list: https://www.yescoachlisa.com
My Book: Yes! Commit. Do. Live
Yes! Commit. Do. Live. is about discovering the True/Authentic you and taking a journey to bring about life-long changes and lasting health from the top-down / inside-out!
I used Health Coaching, Personal Training and Brain Science to Flip the script on Aging through the creation of a 3-Step Process designed to unlock the keys to experiencing:
• The Yes! Mindset – a positive, purposeful Mindset focused on achieving goals and discovering the authentic you.
• The Brain/Body Connection in how you Breath, Move and Eat, and
• The A.G.E. Life Framework where you Age with Grace and Excellence.
• The Yes! Life of Constant Challenge of the Brain, Body and limiting Beliefs where personal goals are reached and your Life Vision realized.
This book is the result of years of self-exploration, career transition and work within the Fitness and Wellness industry. It represents Age reimagined and serves as a roadmap to living that Age-Defying Life.
I am also one of the authors in volume three of the best-selling series: "The Wellness Universe Guide to Complete Self-Care"
Awards and Affiliations
Wellness Presenter / Program Director / Personal & Group Trainer / Health Coach
Date: Feb. 2009 - present
In select instances I offer Personal Training on a 1:1 basis.
My Credentials include:
* Fitness/Wellness Research Coordinator for the Aging and Brain Health Alliance
for Rutgers University (Create and Conduct Fitness and Wellness programs
* Fitness Coordinator for the Faith in Prevention Initiative, Newark, NJ (Created fitness programming in 10 churches)
* Wellness Workshop Presenter
* Director, Mentor/Mentee Program (Educated 10 parishioners through the process of becoming Certified Group Fitness Instructors) (Beth Israel Medical Center), Newark. NJ
* Fitness Health Specialist and Health Fitness (National)
* Wellness Presentations -- Cardio Weights Classes - RWJ Beth Israel Hospital, Newark, NJ / RWJ Saint Barnabas Hospital, Livingston, NJ
• Corporate, School and Town Events throughout the Tri - State area
Certifications and Licenses
* Nirvana - Breathe Fitness - 2018
* ACE Certified Health Coach * March 2017
*AFFA Group Fitness Certification * February 2014
* NETA Personal Trainer *June 2011
* Fundamentals of Nutrition *June 2014
* NETA Group Fitness Certification * September 2010
* CPR and First Aid * Since December 2010
* Certified Reboundologist * December 2010
*Tabata Boot Camp *January 2014
* Licensed to teach Zumba Basic, Zumba Basic 2*, Zumba Toning (weights), Zumba Gold (seniors)
* Certified Personal Trainer * June 2011
* Qualified TRX Trainer * November 2012
* Certified Jump Sport (Jump Rope) * October 2012
1998 - 2004
Actress | Gospel, Opera Singer
Left legal career to pursue my dream of being an Actress/Singer. Singing credits include a soloist performances at Carnegie Hall, NJPAC, the Crossroads Theatre, and the Cotton Club. Acting credits include commercials for Krispie Kreme and Web MD, the role of Ginger on One Life to Live. Many leading and secondary roles over the course of a wonderful career cut short when I unfortunately lost my voice (see summary for my full career story).
Assistant US Attorney
US Attorney's Office, District of New Jersey
Date: 1990 – 1998
Responsible for all phases of the prosecution of civil rights, organized crime, and political corruption cases, including investigation, witness interview and preparation, and trials. Coordinated federal, state, and local law enforcement in the investigation of crimes committed in violation of federal law. Represented the United States in numerous pretrial proceedings and hearings.
* Tried four federal cases, including a four-month prosecution of 10 participants in the
Genovese crime family and a civil rights prosecution of a NJ Police Officer
* Conducted complex, long-term grand jury investigations involving multiple witnesses. * Negotiated numerous plea agreements.
* Presented lectures to staff attorneys on various legal issues and trial tactics
* Participated on a task force in preparing a federal supplement to the American Prosecutors Research Institute's manual on the prosecution of child abuse.
Brooklyn Assistant District Attorney
Date: 1988 - 1990
Responsible for coordinating state and local law enforcement in the investigation of crimes committed in violation of the New York penal code. Rotated through both the Law Enforcement Investigation and Sex Crime / Special Victims trial units.
* Tried 8 misdemeanor and 5 felony cases
* Presented over 300 cases to the grand jury
* Acted as the highest-ranking law enforcement officer in the state of New York while assigned to the Investigation Unit.
* Prepared an appellate brief and argued before the Appellate Division of the NY Supreme Court.
George Washington Law School – Juris Doctor Tufts University – BS – Political Science