Life is marching on, but there is still time to create a meaningful and impressive life. Your personal growth is your responsibility. No one else has the time nor the interest! It’s not easy to make positive changes to your life, but it can be done.
There are plenty of people that serve as inspirational stories for the rest of us. You can make your life one of those stories.
Practice these techniques to take your life to the next level:
1. Eliminate distractions. We all might like to have the concentration powers of a monk, but most of us do not. We’re distracted by noise, our cell phones, the internet, TV, and many other things. Remove as many distractions from your work-space as possible. Focus on people when they talk to you.
2. Avoid evaluating yourself based upon the opinions of others. One difficult thing to accept with success is that few people are happy for you.
- You can expect to receive criticism and perhaps even attempts to sabotage your efforts.
- Why? Some people don’t like you. Some like you, but don’t want to see you do better than they are doing. Others are just jealous. A few people don’t want to face their own mediocrity.
- Your sense of accomplishment should be enough. If it’s not, change your perspective or choose a more meaningful goal.
3. Set priorities. Begin each day with a list of priorities and do your best to accomplish them each day. You’ll need another list the following day. Start each day knowing what needs to be done. Otherwise, where will you start?
4. Focus on a limited number of improvements. You might want to start a business, learn to play the violin, lose 50 pounds, learn French, and take flying lessons, but there’s only so much time in the day.
- Pick a couple of things that mean the most to you and focus your energy there. You’ll accomplish much more if you can avoid spreading yourself too thin.
- What are the three things you’d most like to change about your life? Avoid the other things on your wish list until you’ve accomplished them.
5. Identify your values. Everything flows from your values. Knowing what’s most important to you will allow you to arrange your life in a way that makes sense for you. It will also allow you to set goals that are meaningful. If you don’t know your goals, how will you make these decisions?
6. Revisit your goals daily. Have you ever set a New Year’s resolution, only to find that you’ve completely forgotten it a few days or weeks later? The solution is to have a set time each day when you review your goals and keep them fresh in your mind. If you can find the time, twice a day can be even better!
7. Find role models. Find others who have achieved what you wish to accomplish. It’s also important that they started from the same point, or worse, that you’re starting from. Take advice from those who are worthy of your attention.
8. Evaluate yourself and your progress. It’s not enough to have a great plan and work hard. It’s also necessary to evaluate your results. Then, you can adjust and perfect your approach.
What changes would you like to make to your life? What areas of your life would you like to see the most growth? Choose a few growth strategies and try them out in your own life.
Be willing to experiment and run with those things that work for you. Take control and build the life of your dreams!!
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one on one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? Click here to open the door.Published in