I am the owner of Butterfly Family Wellness and ‘An Integrative Bridge to Health’. I help bridge the gaps between modern medical healthcare and alternative health, between self-care and caring for others, between science and intuition and between adults and children.
I am a mother of four boys. My boys are my greatest gifts and my greatest teachers. I helped heal my sons from neonatal stroke and cancer while awakening to my gifts and to the connection, presence and perspective of self-care and intuition as the keys to health and well-being.
· I was a critical care nurse and nursing supervisor and I am married to an orthopedic surgeon.
· My second son had a massive neonatal stroke at birth.
· My son has major learning disabilities, ASD, severe anxiety and depression. He is my greatest challenge, but my greatest teacher.
· My third son was diagnosed with leukemia the same day I found out I was having my fourth boy.
· I focused on reiki and nutrition while my son received chemotherapy. He never had mouth sores, nausea/ vomiting, overcame sepsis and near death.
· . His oncologist says he is amazingly healthy to which my son replies, “It is because of my mom.”
· My son who had stroke is now 18. He couldn’t move his right side his first year of life, now… ,
· After becoming burned out and depleted caring for my boys, I healed myself from chronic fatigue, depression, gastrointestinal problems, and Migraines.
· I had a migraine so bad, I thought I was having a stroke. I haven’t had a migraine in over 10 years.
· I focus and teach self-care, stress management and energy/ nervous system balancing.
I hope that other people would benefit from my personal and professional experiences, especially when it comes to taking back control of their health and happiness.
Although my main focus is , I work with women, men, fathers as well as and practitioners. I truly believe that when we learn to become aware of habits, learn to balance our energy, our lives and become connected with our body, mind and spirit needs, we can have a tremendous impact on our kids, our families, our communities, our environment, our work and our world. Change and healing begins with awareness and starts from the inside and ripples out.
I have hosted my own online radio show, “Spread your wings and fly into health” where I interviewed guests such as Dr. David Pearlmutter and Dr. Bernie Siegel. I wrote a book called, and I am in the process of writing a book about how I healed my children and myself. This book will highlight my Program. And my SAY YES to Kids and ME program. (Self-Aware Youth, Youth Empowerment Series for kids and Mindful Education).
I welcome an opportunity to speak with you and see how I can help share my message of presence, connection, perspective, self-care and awareness to help people begin to heal from the inside out.
Awards and Affiliations
American Holistic Nurses Association
Reiki World Membership
National Drugless Practitioner Association
American Council On Exercise Personal Trainer
National Institute for Whole Health
Institute for Integrative Nutrition
Enterprising Women Project
Causes and Organizations
Cradles to Crayons
Open Door Food Pantry
Amirah House Boston
The Jimmy Fund
Certifications and Credentials
· Registered Nurse with a Masters in Nursing Administration
· Certified Whole Health Educator and Patient Advocate*
· Karuna Reiki Master
· Intuitive Energy Medical Practitioner and Medical Intuitive
· ACE Certified Personal Trainer
· Certified Integrative Nutrition Coach
· Certified in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and Mindful Education.
· Trained in: Guided Imagery, Yoga, Sound Healing and Meditation, Muscle Testing and Dowsing.
· Voracious student of Neuroscience and Neuropsychology: Dr. Daniel Siegel, Dr. Daniel Amen