Tabitha A. Scott is an international speaker, award-winning author, and advisor on powering potential. She currently serves as Principal of Southern Growth Studios, leading innovation, strategy, and sustainability practices for large organizations. Tabitha has spoken at a wide range of conferences, summits, and events in the US, UK, EU, and Australia. She recently led IT Strategy for a Fortune 400 Company during its record growth period. Formerly CEO of Cole Scott Group and Military Assistance Company, and SVP of Innovation & Sustainability at global companies Balfour Beatty Investments and Lend Lease Americas, Tabitha has deep leadership experience leading purposeful business transformations.
Tabitha is known for her groundbreaking expertise in leveraging the principles of modern and ancient energy to accelerate innovation, productivity and personal potential. Tabitha led efforts to create the world’s largest solar-powered community and was recognized for her numerous innovative uses of advanced technology at the White House. She has published dozens of original works in leading industry publications, like the Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, the Encyclopedia of Energy Engineering and Technology, and CEO Magazine on energy, behavior change, and leadership development. Her bestselling book, Trust Your Animal Instincts: Recharge Your Life & Ignite Your Power, won the prestigious Nautilus Award for its contribution to positive social change.
Tabitha is a Certified Energy Manager and Certified Demand Side Manager through the Association of Energy Engineers. She is Blockchain Certified through MIT, and is a Certified Practitioner in bio-field holistic practices. Tabitha has a bachelor’s degree in Finance from University of Louisville, a master’s degree in Bank Management from the Graduate School of Retail Bank Management at the University of Virginia, and an MBA from Fairfield University. She is also certified by European-based Human Insight as an AEM-Cube consultant.
Awards and Affiliations
- Green Innovator of the Year
- The Nautilus Award
Causes and Organizations
- Healing Beyond Borders
- The Climate Project
Certifications and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance (University of Louisville)
- Master’s degree in Bank Management (Graduate School of Retail Bank Management at the University of Virginia)
- MBA (Fairfield University)
- Certified Demand Side Manager (Association of Energy Engineers)
- Certified Energy Manager (Association of Energy Engineers)
- Blockchain and Crypto Currency Certified, MIT
- Innovation and Strategy Certificate, Harvard University
- International Energy Conservation Code Certified, Energy Services Coalition
- 40 Hour Safety Certified, OSHA
- AEM-Cube Certified Consultant, Human Insight
- Certified Climate Project Presenter, The Climate Project
- Certified Healing Touch Practitioner (Medical Board Reviewed by Healing Beyond Borders)
- Healing Touch Level 5 Certificate & Level 4 Certificate, Instructor Mary O’Neill, RN, CHTP, CHTI
- Healing Touch Level 3, 2, & 1 Certificates, Instructor Bonnie Johnson, RN, MS, CHTP/I