I’m an award-winning author and poet, a natural-born intuitive, a trauma survivor, and the founder of Soul Guides. Prior to launching Soul Guides, I was the founder and owner of the multi-award-winning Yotzeret Publishing for 17 years.
I hold advanced degrees in psychology and education, and according to my now-adult children, am half-human and half “special,” which is baffling, because I put my pants on one eyebrow at a time like everyone else.
I’m an enby (non-binary) who uses they/them pronouns, a Jewish mystic, and married to a man who says I’m “something, that’s for sure.”
Based on feedback from multiple focus groups (or what some people playfully refer to as “the public”), I have managed to successfully pull off profound, intense, and insane simultaneously.
How did I come to do this work? Find out by watching my transformation story.
My forthcoming book is 10 Things Your Soul Guides Want You to Know: Especially If You Have Anxiety, Depression, Chronic Pain, or PTSD*
*with arguments and questions from a human with all four. You can sign up to get advance notice about its release.
Awards and Affiliations
- Gold Medalist in Independent Publisher Book Awards (IPPY) for "The Wayward Moon" by Janice Weizman
- Gold Medalist in Midwest Book Awards for "The Wayward Moon" by Janice Weizman
- Nominated for the Sophie Brody Award (American Library Association) for "The Wayward Moon" by Janice Weizman
- Gold Medalist in Moonbeam Children's Book Awards for "Sliding Into the New Year (YaYa & YoYo, Book 1)" by Dori Weinstein
- PJ Library selection for "Like a Maccabee" by Barbara Bietz
- Winner of the Gelett Burgess Children's Book Award (Religion) for "Friends Forever" by Amy Ariel
- Sydney Taylor Notable Book for Older Readers for "Mitzvah the Mutt" by Sylvia Rouss
- Bronze Medalist in Moonbeam Children's Book Awards for "Mitzvah the Mutt" by Sylvia Rouss
- Merit Winner in Midwest Book Awards for "Like a Maccabee" by Barbara Bietz
- Indie Excellence Award finalist for "Destined to Choose (Rabbi David Cohen Book #1) by Sheyna Galyan
- Indie Excellence Award finalist for "Strength to Stand (Rabbi David Cohen Book #2) by Sheyna Galyan
- Quill and Scroll Writing Award
Causes and Organizations
Founder and Owner, Soul Guides™ LLC
Founder and Owner, Yotzeret Publishing
Dot Sibling, Polka Dot Powerhouse
Former board member, Sisters in Crime
Former board member, Midwest Independent Publishers Association
Member, Independent Book Publishers Association
Certifications and Credentials
Intuitive coaching training with Jeffrey van Dyk and Pat Honiotes
Infinite Possibilities training with Mike Dooley
Psychic development training with Michelle Lagaly
Psychic development training with Sara Wiseman
Masters-level Certificate, Counseling Psychology/Chemical Dependency (specialty in adult survivors of trauma who self-medicate), San Jose State University
Graduate work in Business Administration and Public Administration
M.Ed., University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
BA Psychology, University of California at Santa Cruz