Finding Meaning and Purpose in the Mature Years
Barbara Penn-Atkins is a Retirement Transition Life and Re-Career Specialist, Coach, Speaker and Author.
- She works with people like you who are within 6-15 years of retirement and frustrated because the job no longer feeds their mind, stir the heart or nourish their inner spirit. They’re on an emotional roller-coaster lamenting over life-planning choices and paradigm shifts of ‘what’s next’ as they transition from success to significance.
- What distinguishes Barbara from others in her field of expertise is her innovative readiness programs and value-added strategies that treats the transition phase of work disengagement from a personal and passionate point of view. She believes life-choices should stimulate your mind, fire the heart and energize one’s spirit into longevity for a purposeful and fulfilling Life.
- Through her workshops, speaking engagements and coaching she sets the platform for helping others to make a successful transition from stellar career success to significance, unleash the power of aging, prepare for life’s changes, discover what matters most and do what they love.
- At the height of the recession in 1980, she chose to start a business. It was a time during our nation’s economic downturn that had forced many women in the clerical workforce into layoffs and unemployment. she saw this period as a prime opportunity to ‘find a need and fill it’ and, at the same time challenge the status quo by starting a business in a male dominated industry at the onset of new emerging technology. It called for every strength, purpose and passions existing within the fabric of my being. With $1500 borrowed on her life insurance, she wrote a business plan – a plan driven by a strong vision and mission statement that captured sophisticated systems and procedures and formed a company that within five years had grown to a $2.5-million-dollar enterprise. This business was supported by a full-time staff of 185 employees in three locations providing word-processing (typing) and data-entry/data conversation services to Fortune 500 companies, State, local and Federal government agencies.
- During the 15+ years of growth and success she experienced numerous challenges and oppositions that included the…